Competencies and Indicators
The school counseling program's competencies and indicators are based on the school's goals for student achievement and what every student should know and should be able to do upon promotion to the next level of education.
Using the following checklist, describe the competencies and indicators you school counseling program is currently focusing on.
- The competencies and indicators identified for each applicable grade level are developmently appropriate, measureable and directly relate to the counseling program's mission, goals and school needs.
- Each competency and indicator selected clearly relates to the ASCA standards and are thoroughly covered across grade levels.
- Provide an explanation of how these competencies and indicators were chosen.
- Describe how the competencies and indicators are reviewed and revised each year.
- Provide evidence that the competencies and indicators have been presented to administration and advisory council each year (original signatures).
WORK TO DO FOR BINDER
COMPLETE THE CROSSWALKING TOOL TO IDENTIFY THE COMPETENCIES AND INDICATORS THAT ARE BEING ADDRESSED BY YOUR PROGRAM. BE SURE TO INCLUDE ADDITIONAL ELEMENTS OF YOUR PROGRAM AS WELL AS DISTRICT DIRECTED CURRICULUM. WRITE A REFLECTION ON THE AREAS YOU WOULD LIKE TO IMPROVE (ARE NOT BEING MET) AND INCLUDE AN ACTION PLAN FOR AREAS THAT YOU PLAN TO ADDRESS.